After the Bored Ape Yacht Club flipped over the floor price of the CryptoPunks, they got even more bullish. Each day, this collection is setting new records for the NFT space. Moreover, its community of influencers and celebrities is growing very fast. Why all this hype, though? Well, the Bored Ape Yacht Club is now the most exclusive non-fungible token collection in the market.
Currently, they have a floor price of Ξ92. With the current price of Ethereum, you have to pay around $242,000 to join the club. This makes it impossible for middle-class citizens to join in. However, though, the Bored Apes were not always this expensive.
When the Bored Ape Yacht Club made their debut, they had a mint price of Ξ0.08… yes, their mint price was less than $400. However, not much time went by and the price of each Bored Ape exploded. Attention resulted in hype, and hype just built up more hype.
Cheapest Bored Ape
At the time of writing, you can buy a Bored Ape starting at Ξ92. However, the floor is currently very thin since only Bored Ape #213 and #4429 are listed at such a price. Furthermore, the next floor price is Ξ94, with only one Bored Ape holding the line.
|Floor Level||Bored Ape ID||Price|
|#1||Bored Ape #213, Bored Ape #4429||Ξ92|
|#2||Bored Ape #2260||Ξ94|
|#3||Bored Ape #3519||Ξ95|
|#4||Bored Ape #9584||Ξ96|
|#5||Bored Ape #6782||Ξ96.5|
Most Expensive Bored Ape
If you think the floor price of the Bored Apes is expensive, prepare yourselves for the price of the most expensive Bored Ape ever sold. On the 30th of September 2021, Bored Ape #2087 sold for Ξ769. At the time of the transaction, that amount of ETH was worth more than $2.51 million. Surprisingly enough, the buyer was lucky enough to pay only Ξ0.01 (~$60) in gas fees. Considering how congested the Ethereum blockchain can get, this guy hit the jackpot… quite literally.
At the time of writing, there are Bored Apes listed for trillions of dollars, but everybody knows that such a sale will never happen. A quite realistic prediction would be a new all-time high sale of Ξ8,888 by the end of 2022.
- The Bored Ape Yacht Club is currently the NFT collection with the highest floor price, while CryptoPunks are in second place.
- When they made their debut, one Bored Ape cost only Ξ0.08. Today, the cheapest Bored Ape costs Ξ92.
- Bored Ape #2087 has the highest last sale in the collection, selling for Ξ769 on September 30, 2021.
- In late-2021, one guy accidentally sold his Bored Ape for Ξ0.75. He later told the public that he was trying to list it for Ξ75 but put it for sale at only Ξ0.75 by mistake.
- By the end of 2022, Bored Apes might make another “highest last sale”. Considering the growth of the NFT sector, a Ξ8,888 sale might happen in the collection in 2022.