As cryptocurrencies become more mainstream, so does the number of crypto investors and traders. With that in mind, crypto users need to have safe alternatives for storing cryptocurrencies. One of the best ways to safely store cryptocurrencies is through self-custody wallets. These wallets provide a seed phrase that you should keep with yourself in order to access and recover your funds.
However, these seed phrases are best kept in physical forms such as in a piece of paper. The reason for this is that keeping seed phrases in smart devices would make them vulnerable to potential hacks. So, keeping them physically is much safer.
Nonetheless, you can easily lose a seed phrase if you keep it in a piece of paper, unless you keep it somewhere very safe. To make sure you keep your seed phrase as safe as possible, you can use seed phrase storages. One of the best seed phrase vaults, which proves to be quite practical at the same time, is CryoSeed.
In this article, we will review CryoSeed and its features, as well as explain its relevance in today’s crypto industry.
What is CryoSeed?
Simply put, CryoSeed is a seed phrase vault, which ensures maximum safety for your seed phrase. Based in Berlin, the designers aim was to marry hardcore utility and aesthetics to produce a timeless seed phrase artifact for the ages.
CryoSeed Marine Steel Time-Capsule. Source: CryoSeed
The main goal of CryoSeed is to facilitate self-sovereignty and provide you with a tool that makes your seed phrase recovery highly secure, reliable, and indestructible.
Most crypto traders store their seed phrases written on a piece of paper since it is safer than keeping them in a smart device. However, pieces of paper can easily be lost, torn apart, burnt, stolen, or get wet. If someone steals your seed phrase, the attacker can easily access your wallet and steal your funds.
This is where CryoSeed is useful. Not only does CryoSeed encode your seed phrase into a set of points, but it is also made out of marine steel. The two metal plates can even be secured using any key or combination lock. A locked and encoded CryoSeed can seriously delay a theif from accessing your wallet. This gives you crucial time to move funds to a safe wallet in a worst case scenario. CryoSeed can endure extreme temperatures, is water proof, and corrosion resistant.
CryoSeed is compatible with all BIP-39 self-custody wallets (software or hardware), including Ledger, Trezor, MetaMask, Exodus, Trust Wallet, and many more.
Wallets Compatible with CryoSeed. Source: CryoSeed
The flagship recovery product, CryoSeed – Genesis, is also available in a limited edition CryoSeed – Taylor Series. This limited set features unique laser designs on the back and were produced in partnership with a local futurist tattoo artist. CryoSeed – Taylor Series offers 108 unique designs. Secure your seed phrase in style.
How Does CryoSeed Work?
The way CryoSeed works is quite simple, yet very effective. When you purchase a CryoSeed vault, you receive the marine-steel plates, which contains a set of 12-24 encodable combinations.
CryoSeed Seed Phrase Encoding Scheme. Source: CryoSeed
With the steel plates, you are given a punch tool, which can help you stamp your seed phrase in the steel plate. An included industry standard BIP-39 word list will help you convert your seed phrase into numbers. Then, using a simple encoding scheme, your seed numbers are marked permanently into the inner steel surface. Finally, lock the steel Genesis plates together so that no one can open them without a key.
CryoSeed does not come with a lock, however, you can use any key or combination lock with a bold diameter 6mm (0.23in) or less.
Locking Your CryoSeed Vault. Source: CryoSeed
Why is CryoSeed Important?
CryoSeed is essential for all crypto investors because it helps you keep your seed phrase as safe as possible, much safer than conventional methods. Given the recent state of the crypto market due to the turmoil caused by FTX, the need for self-custody wallets is strengthened more than ever.
If you are interested in self-custody there’s no better way to secure a wallet than in a CryoSeed time-capsule. Protect your wealth with cold hard steel.
CryoSeed Key Features
Here are some of the key features of CryoSeed:
- Design: The design is aesthetically pleasing to say the least. It has dimensions of 64×110 mm, and is 4 mm thick. This makes the CryoSeed vault quite easy to carry around and keep it in your pockets if needed, though it is recommended to keep it somewhere secret.
- Seed Phrase Encoding: A simple encoding scheme translates your words into numbers. The handbook guides you on all the steps. Based on the BIP-39 standard, there are up to 2048 words. Check here for more.
- Endurance: Since it uses marine steel, CryoSeed is able to endure extreme temperatures (up to 1400°C or 2500°F). It is also waterproof.
- Lock Option. To ensure even more safety, CryoSeed includes a 6mm-diameter hole, where you can put a lock.
- Price: The Genesis model costs $89, which is quite reasonable given what it offers.
- Refund Policy: If you are not satisfied with your purchase, CryoSeed refunds 100% of your money.
To conclude, CryoSeed is one of the safest and easy-to-access seed phrase vaults available. Given that people are becoming more aware of the importance of self-custody wallets, the need for safe-storing seed phrases increases. Hence, CryoSeed offers just that, with a unique design and a reasonable price.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is CryoSeed?
CryoSeed is a seed-phrase storage vault, which can store up to 24 words. It uses an encoding mechanism to safely store your seed phrase.
Is a lock Included with CryoSeed?
A lock is not included with a CryoSeed purchase. You will need to buy a lock in order to properly lock the steel plates.
How much is a CryoSeed vault?
The CryoSeed Genesis model costs $89. The CryoSeed Taylor Series (limited edition) costs $99.
Is CryoSeed safe?
Yes, CryoSeed is one of the safest options to store your seed phrase.
- CryoSeed is one of the best seed-phrase vaults available.
- It provides an encoding mechanism, where you can encode your seed phrase so that no one can access your funds.
- It is compatible with all BIP-39 standard wallets, including, Ledger, Trezor, MetaMask, Exodus, Trust Wallet, etc.
- It is made of marine steel plates that endure extreme temperatures. It also comes with a punch tool and handbook to guide you on encoding the seed phrase.
- You should keep your CryoSeed vault in a secret location.